416-628-5598 [email protected]

Bridging Open Work Permit

A bridging open work permit is a special type of work permit available only to applicants in Canada who have already applied for permanent residence.

To be eligible, you must:

    • live in Canada (Quebec not included)
    • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
    • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
    • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence to IRCC and passed the completeness check
    • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter provided by IRCC

The bridging open work permit is very useful if your current work permit is going to expire but you wish to continue working until your permanent residence is approved.