Failure to Comply with the Act
Inadmissibility for non-compliance with the Act is a very broad category of inadmissibility for any act or omission that is contrary to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. This includes:
- Entering Canada to remain on a permanent basis without first obtaining a permanent resident visa or entering Canada to remain on a temporary basis without first obtaining a temporary resident visa.
- Entering Canada to study or work without first obtaining a study or work permit (except where permitted). Studying or working without authorization while in Canada.
- Not answering questions truthfully or producing required relevant documents.
- Failing to appear for a hearing or for examination.
- Not holding the required documents to enter Canada.
- Returning to Canada without authorization after deportation or within 12 months of exclusion.
- Remaining in Canada beyond the period authorized (overstay).
- Being a permanent resident and not complying with the residency requirement.